griefHaven Forum - Where hope resides

Find Us On Facebook
April 19, 2014, 06:22:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIRST TIME REGISTRATION MADE EASY.  Just follow each step below, and you will be sharing on the message board in no time.

1. Go to this link and fill out the brief form. http://www.jotformpro.com/form/11745848669
2. We will receive your request via email.
3. Depending on the time of day, your request to become a member will be approved anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours.
4. There is no need to send more than one request. Just wait for your approval notification.
5. You will be notified via email when you are approved (to the email address you provided us) and sent your password.
6. You may also email our webmaster directly at deborah@qwsseattle.com if you need help registering.
7. Please note that the normal registration button has been disabled. You must use the link above.
8. Go here for help on how to use the forum: https://griefhaven.org/griefforum/index.php?action=help
9. Watch an overview video on how to use the forum: http://www.griefhaven.org/forum-video.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My son  (Read 1527 times)
kathy320

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »

My son died of an overdose on July 14 th of this year.... I am still in disbelief. I am sad . I don't understand why, why he never ever listened to me.... Crying always inside...
Loraine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:03:28 PM »

Kathy,

I am so very sorry for the tragic loss of your son.

You have come to the right place to find comfort and perhaps answers to your questions.

These first weeks are so painful, the shock, the funeral and the emptiness.

Your aching heart and body, feels like it is almost impossible to bear.

I hope that you know others care, want to help you as best they can or as I say, walk beside you through all of this.

On the home page of this website, I believe you can sign up for a mailing package and although it is really early days, when it arrives, there might be some literature which if it does not speak to you just at this moment ,might be a great help to have on hand for when you feel up to reading or trying to find ways to get through this sorrow.

Sending you lots of love and care.

Loraine
Campbell's Mum
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:05:41 PM by Loraine » Logged
Peggi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 06:10:21 AM »

Kathy, I join Loraine in expressing my deepest sympathy. I imagine the loss of your son must seem so senseless. I don't know if you were anticipating the possibility of such a tragedy or if it is a complete shock to you. Either way, the pain is excruciating. Loraine is also right in that Griefhaven's packet is wonderful; I also recommend their DVD Portraits of Hope. In addition, you may wish to contact The Compassionate Friends. They also send out an introductory packet....there are many chapters all over the country and they have on-line, moderated forums as well. You're not alone.

Peggi, Jordan's mom

PS My journey through grief has involved reading compulsively...I just needed to confirm over and over that others had endured this pain. As Susan Whitmore says in the Portraits of Hope DVD, I just couldn't imagine someone could feel this pain and not die from it themselves. But if you are a reader, let me know and I'll post some book suggestions.
kathy320

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 08:44:57 PM »

Thank you so much ladies. I will definitely sign up for the packet. I have already left The Compatioate Friends a message. I have read one book, and I do want more. Thanks! Also, I have been scared this day would come for the last 3 years....
LeeAnne

I'll always be Chadd, Drew and Colby's Mom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 02:27:40 AM »

My son Chadd died of an overdose on June 9, 2011 .I would very much like to talk to you when your ready my email is leeannesandy1318@gmail.com and my number is 903-287-3091. I'm so sorry about ur son.

Chadd, Drew and Colby's Mom
Peggi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 09:53:18 AM »

Book suggestions: Dying to be Free by Beverly Cobain, Holding on to Love by Chuck Collins, My Son, My Son by Iris Bolton, A Mother's Story by Iris Bolton, Keeping Clarke by Stephanie Benbenek. I am so sorry for what you must endure.
kathy320

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:01 PM »

Thank you Peggi, I have holding onto love on hold for me at the bookstore. I'll chech out the other books too.
Peggi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »

Kathy, a very helpful aspect of Holding on to Love is that there is a chapter that you could copy and give to family and friends. I think that is a wonderful option and I am grateful to Chuck Collins for including it.
kathy320

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 08:09:42 AM »

Life is funny...
We go through life and we are whole
Whatever that may be
Alone, with a partner, or with kids
That is our complete....
When you have someone
And you know it's forever
And then it's gone.....
No one could of told me