griefHaven Forum - Where hope resides

Find Us On Facebook
April 19, 2014, 08:10:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: FIRST TIME REGISTRATION MADE EASY.  Just follow each step below, and you will be sharing on the message board in no time.

1. Go to this link and fill out the brief form. http://www.jotformpro.com/form/11745848669
2. We will receive your request via email.
3. Depending on the time of day, your request to become a member will be approved anywhere from 15 minutes to 24 hours.
4. There is no need to send more than one request. Just wait for your approval notification.
5. You will be notified via email when you are approved (to the email address you provided us) and sent your password.
6. You may also email our webmaster directly at deborah@qwsseattle.com if you need help registering.
7. Please note that the normal registration button has been disabled. You must use the link above.
8. Go here for help on how to use the forum: https://griefhaven.org/griefforum/index.php?action=help
9. Watch an overview video on how to use the forum: http://www.griefhaven.org/forum-video.html

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My sadness is overwhelming at times  (Read 3243 times)
June

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:56:46 AM »

Loosing my daughter is more pain that someone should have to go through. It been 2 years and it feels like yesterday. Will my heart ever stop aching. I doubt it.
Debbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:26:13 PM »

Hi June, I too lost my daughter but i lost her 10 years ago. No the pain never goes away - it just dulls ever so slightly. I miss her so much, and often dream of her only to awake to the truth that she is gone. I hold on to the hope that we will be together again when my time comes. Hang in there, Debbie.
peg

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »

Bless you, June.  I lost my wonderful son 4 years ago and the ache is so fierce only those who have lost children  understand.  As others have told me, you keep waking up everyday and so you have to keep going on. I ache for you and for others who come to know this pain.  Other bereaved parents so it is a hole in the heart that you work around.  Please know we all care. Peg
June

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 07:10:25 PM »

Thank you for the kind words. The pain IS fierce,  piercing even and all consuming. I think I will never know joy again.
Peggi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 05:36:36 AM »

June, I too am at two years and yes I find the pain continues to be fierce and overwhelming and every day I wake wishing I wouldn't.  And the best I can do is distract myself.  But since you are a "newbie" to this site, may I recommend GriefHaven's DVD Portraits of Hope?   I've watched it so many times I think I know it by heart.  But the parents on that video who share of themselves make me believe it just might be possible for this to get better....not go away, but get better.  I also met last week with a friend from my local Compassionate Friends group; he lost his daughter 12 years ago and agreed that once, he thought he would never be happy again.  But, now, even though he misses his daughter terribly, he is happy again.  Hang in there the best you can.
adamsdad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:01:05 PM »

June, Someday you will smile again and someday i believe you will see your precious child again.
Hang in there.
BigDaddy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »

June, Sorry to hear of your loss. This is not a fun club to be a member of yet here we are. I wish you peace.
June

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:36:02 AM »

Thanks to all who replied -
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: